MedQuest Health Careers Exploration Program is a residential program for current 10th grade students from northern & central Vermont interested in careers in medicine and health science.
MedQuest participants will:
- Explore the variety of careers in health care
- Gain exposure to professional work environments
- Build skills and resources for health career pathways
- Experience residential life on a college campus
In 2019, MedQuest will be held at the following locations:
MEDQUEST at VERMONT TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Randolph Center, VT
June 23, 2019 to June 28, 2019.
with job shadows at Central Vermont Medical Center, Gifford Medical Center, University of Vermont Medical Center and local health clinics and facilities
MEDQUEST AT NORTHERN VERMONT UNIVERSITY, Johnson, VT
July 28, 2019 to August 2, 2019
with job shadows at North Country Hospital, Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital, University of Vermont Medical Center and local health clinics and facilities
MedQuest is an intensive, week-long program on a college campus and in clinical health care settings. The program offers exposure to many health professions through job shadowing, workshops and discussions.
- Job-shadowing health professionals
- Acquiring basic medical skills
- Clinical patient simulation labs
- Exposure to medical terminology
- Science lab dissection skills training
- Exploring career and educational goals
- Opportunities to make new friends who share your interest in health careers
You should apply if:
- You are interested in a career in health care
- You are concerned about your community and today's health issues
- You enjoy problem-solving, relating to people, and using technology
- You are interested in resources for furthering your education
The total cost for this 6-day, 5-night program is $750, all inclusive.
Financial assistance is available to qualifying students. See the Financial Assistance section of the application for more information.
If you have any questions about filling out this application, you can email them to MedQuest@nvtahec.org or call MedQuest Director, Carlinne DeLima, toll free at (877) 215-3921.
Northern Vermont MedQuest is a program of the Northern Vermont Area Health Education Center (AHEC) in St. Johnsbury